Sunday 15 January 2012

BEST MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS OF ALL TIME




EASY RIDER
One of the greatest independent films of all time. I first saw it on VHS in the late 80's while ripped on MDA. I had no idea what the hell was going on but when I saw Dennis Hopper and Jack Nicholson  dancing like birds I knew I was seeing something special. At the end when they go to Mardi Gras it felt like I did more acid than them (MDA was pretty hallucinagenic back then).....This is a definite desert island selection....all of these songs are timeless classics except Born To Be Wild which is the cheesiest most overplayed bullshit track in the history of bullshit. Just skip past that one.

Steppenwolf –The Pusher
Steppenwolf –Born To Be Wild
Smith  –The Weight
Byrds - Wasn't Born To Follow
Holy Modal Rounders -If You Want To Be A Bird
Fraternity Of Man –Don't Bogart Me (AKA Don't Bogart That Joint)
Jimi Hendrix Experience - If Six Was Nine
Electric Prunes - Kyrie Eleison/Mardi Gras (When The Saints)
Roger McGuinn –It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Roger McGuinn –Ballad Of Easy Rider

http://www.mediafire.com/?61wttm15rxendqv



THE HARDER THEY COME
This is a fairly enjoyable film. Typical story but Jimmy Cliff is convincing as a gangster musician. The soundtrack is a collection of some of the best Jamaican songs ever. My first ever paying DJ job was playing reggae. I just lied to get it and said I was an experienced reggae dj. In reality I had only ever heard maybe one Bob Marley record and some Linton Kwesi Johnson. I was completely ignorant to the fact that djing was invented in Jamaica. A friend lent me a small collection of ska, rocksteady and reggae records and this record was one of them. I think I played pretty much every song on the album every Saturday night for about 2 years.....


1. You Can Get It If You Really Want-Jimmy Cliff
2. Draw Your Brakes-Scotty
3. Rivers Of Babylon-The Melodians
4. Many Rivers To Cross-Jimmy Cliff
5. Sweet And Dandy-The Maytals
6. The Harder They Come-Jimmy Cliff
7. Johnny Too Bad-The Slickers
8. Shanty Town-Desmond Dekker
9. Pressure Drop-Maytals
10. Sitting In Limbo-
Jimmy Cliff
11. You Can Get It If You Really Want-
Jimmy Cliff
12. The Harder They Come-
Jimmy Cliff



http://www.mediafire.com/?ijfym3wzuqj


No comments:

Post a Comment