Monday 2 May 2011

3 OF THE BEST HIP HOP ALBUMS OF ALL TIME

OL DIRTY BASTARD:NIGGA PLEASE
This album sounds like the Neptunes finished up all the beats and then they put down plastic over everything, brought in a kilo of cocaine and case of Hennessy and just locked ODB in the room. You feel like you are a part of something special when you listen to this. As great as James Brown or The Rolling Stones.
R.I.P. Russel Tyrone Jones.
"I'm immune to all viruses
I get the cocaine it cleans out my sinuses
Just for slinging *nuh* I get a quarter a mil
I'll have it raining ice drops the size of automobiles
Kill all the government microchips in my body
I'm the paranoid nigga at your party
I kill all my enemies at birth!
Shut the fuck up!
Bitch and let my slide my hands up your skirt
Nigga please!"


GETO BOYS: TIL DEATH DO US PART
I know this doesn't have their classics on here but the album as whole is super strong. 'Bring It On' has the whole Rap-A-Lot Family on there including Too Low, the Odd Squad(Devin the Dudes first group) and the Fifth ward Boys. Epic. Although Willie D had quit the group at this point, Big Mike brings a more serious gangster quality to this outing. The samples are soulful, the raps are thuggin but smooth......a more modern and mature Geto Boys emerge. I had this on cassette and played it every damn day for years. I can sing along to most of it.

"Seven years old,I'm lookin' up to the ganstas in the hood,

'cause to me and my cousins yeah they represented good,
Even when we played cops and robbers on the block,
nobody wanted to play the cop yeah,
'cause the cop was a pussy-ass bitch,
and if you played the cop, nigga you got your ass kicked!"



 KOOL KEITH: SEX STYLE
So genius. So out there. So dirty. Best rapper alive. This album changed my life.
 "Your moms at my hotel, her bra is real cute, Dressed in G-strings, she's scopin me, 
eatin fruit. She licked my balls, I came like Niagara Falls....."









No comments:

Post a Comment